Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Adventure Begins...

I do not want anyone to think that I think I am super mommy because I am far from super. Lately I have heard several people, including my wonderful husband, refer to me by "super mom". I would call myself a busy mommy, a tired mommy, or a even a cranky mommy but not a super mommy that seems like an awful lot to live up to. I will try to live up to the name.
This week a friend of my parents daughter died, she was a few years older than I am and she left three young children. This really has been haunting my thoughts. I think of my girls growing up without a mother and it stops me cold. I think it is every mothers worry "what if something happened to me...". What would happen to all the memories and funny stories I have running through my head? How could I impart words of wisdom to them? I am constantly thinking about how to raise young women with a strong sense of themselves.
I have tried to keep individual journals for the girls but I have not had much success keeping up with them. I hope that this blog will be a way for me to write about their lives and paint a picture of their childhood for them to enjoy when they are older. Chances are they will just be pissed off that I have shared way too much information with the world.

2 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

Good for you!!

Having blogged for a little over a year, part of my motivation these days is because I hope that one day, my words & pictures will be treasured by our children. How fun it would be if I could have had an "inside track" to my mom & dad's thoughts and emotions during the time that I was young!!

And of course the stories. There are SO many things that happen - and SO many photos. There is no way I could capture "all" of this in a baby book. Happy blogging - I hope you really enjoy it! :)

Your girls are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I think this is such a good idea. I am glad you started it.
I think you are a SUPER MOMMY! Keep it up.
I love you,
Matt