Saturday, June 30, 2007

Missed Opportunities

We were out of the house before 9:00 am off to run errands. Matt needed something from Office Depot and the girls had already sat through a trip to the bank so we yanked everyone out of their car seats and let them walk into the store. The girls looked so grown up walking into the store. They really liked being free, especially when they discovered the telephones and fax machines. Our little girls were standing in the aisle negotiating some major deals. Both Matt and I realized we forgot our camera at home. Missed opportunity #1.
From Office Depot we went to Costco where we sampled our way through the store. We can not go to Costco without eating frozen yogurt. We sat down in a booth and the girls sat there for about 30 seconds sharing a yogurt. Had I had the camera it would have been a terrific photo opportunity but as we know I left it at home. Missed opportunity #2
We put the girls down for a nap when we got home. They hung out in their cribs for over an hour but did not sleep a bit. What did they do for an hour you ask? They stripped off all their clothes including their diapers and peed all over their sheets. When Matt went up stairs to get them he found 2 naked girls with the contents of their cribs on the floor. He did not think to bring the camera up with him and he was not about to walk back downstairs to get it. Missed opportunity #3.
We got them back into diapers and fed them some lunch. While we were putting lunch on the table Sydney decided to pull off her diaper and pee on the floor. She was saving us a quarter because her diaper was bone dry. I just couldn't take a picture of that. Missed opportunity #4.
After a fun bath, and a quick cuddle on the bed where I tried to take a picture of the 3 girls cuddling with Matt. The girls are far to quick and uncooperative to allow me to take a picture. Missed opportunity #5.
We stuck the kids in the car destination unknown to get out of the house. I could not find the camera anywhere in the house. I had put it in a safe place since the last place I found it was in Lior's hands. I was hoping it was not with my missing cel phone, countless shoes and assorted items of clothing. I sent Matt in to find it and much to my surprise he came out with it and put it on the center console in the car. That is where it stayed while Sydney did a strip tease in the mall. Missed opportunity #6.
I refused to miss anymore opportunities so I spent the rest of the night with my camera on my lap and caught Sydney and Lior dancing.


Matt holding Jordan upside down.

Sydney reading Red Hat, Blue Hat all by herself.


and cuddling her baby sister.

2 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

Very soon, it will become second habit to take your camera EVERYWHERE with you. You might even invest in a second one to keep in your diaper bag or purse!

Recently, when I took our trio to a movie, I had my camera with me - and when someone gave me a funny look as I was snapping off pictures in the bathroom, I told them "I have to catch this. I have a blog!"

Of course they had no idea what a blog was >> so I just pretended english was my second language.

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb, this is absolutely beautiful that you're doing this! With 21 and 11
years behind me now with mine I can only wish I'd kept a similar look
through a window into their daily lives. What we think at the time are
mundane or ordinary things will be such a delight to read in ten years even
the hilarious stripper antics LOL!!:-)
I so many times will ask Heather or Sarah if they remember so and so thing
we saw or did and they don't since the early childhood memory just fades so
quickly. What a special gift this will be, I hope you'll have time to keep
at it!
>From a 21 year Dad's perspective please always remember that it's not the
execution of more than the usual Mommy's accomplished tasks that makes her a
Super Mommy but what's soooo easy to see in what you write and what I know
to be true of you, simply how very much you love these three blessed little
girls and their Daddy!!
Can hardly wait to read more!!

Love you,

Mark