Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Potty Training My Monster

Akiva has been ready to be potty trained for at least the last four months, maybe more. I have not pushed the issue. I have ignored the signs. I have put a diaper on him as he has said " I pee on potty mom". He takes off his diaper sometimes and uses the toilet. He likes to poop in the potty! He even uses the toilets in public restrooms. Why am I ignoring the obvious signs? Because I. Know. My. Life. Will. Change. I will have to stay home for a few days and that's all it would take. He is so ready. His poor old mom isn't. She knows that car trips will be slower, we will have to stop more frequently. Shopping trips will be longer because he will have to visit each toilet twice.
While diapers are just gross to change and I can't wait to never have to do that again, they are easy. There I said it. They are just so easy. I'm going to have to suck it up in the next few weeks and say goodbye to diapers and hello to every toilet in south Florida.

1 comment:

Ann said...

OK, maybe when I requested pictures I should have been more specific. ;-)