Thursday, January 1, 2009

Empathy

Tonight during dinner Jordan stood up and started dancing. She would
not sit down. "I dancin' now". So Matt started to count "Jordan sit
down or you will not have a brownie, one. Jordan, two. Jordan sit
down or there will be no brownie. OK Jordan? THREE, no brownie!". So
she sat down and we warned her there would be no brownie.
It was finally time for dessert and when we handed out the brownies
Jordan had a melt down. "I want a brownie!!!!". "Sorry Jordan we
warned you, maybe tomorrow". That's when it happened and the real
tears started. I look at Lior who is holding her brownie and quietly
crying. "Lior what is wrong?". "I want Jordan to have a brownie" and
she just bursts out crying and then Sydney looks at me and says "Can I
give Jordan my brownie?". That's when the real tears started. Poor
Jordan. Poor Lior. Poor Sydney. Poor Debbie who also had tears
streaming down her face. Not because Jordan did not get a brownie but
because her sisters wanted her to have one.
Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I have tears.
Lisa Reinfeld