Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Akiva is fourteen months


Akiva is fourteen months old. Where did all the time go? He is amazing! I can say it because it is true and I am his mother! He is such a good baby, if he did not let out ear piercing screams when during meal time life would be good. Actually he screams a lot, not only during meal time. He screams when he does not get his way or when he wants something that the girls have. I beg the girls not to take things from him because I just don't want to hear him scream. He is actually getting much better, most of the time, he still has his moments but he is a keeper! Akiva wants to do whatever his sisters are doing. Rough housing with Matt is no exception!
Up, up up he goes!
My heart is in my throat.
I just wish I had video of the screams of joy.
Akiva doesn't mind he comes back for more each and every time.
At fourteen months Akiva has eight sharp as nails teeth that he sinks into my shoulder when I am not paying attention. He also sinks them into my toes or the girls feet because he thinks the reaction is funny. We do not. I hear the girls tell him at least three times a day that "we do not bite." "No biting Akeev..."He loves to follow the girls around and he tries to do whatever they do. He likes to sit on the couch next to them and watch movies, only he sits for five minutes and runs off. He likes to push the doll stroller around, especially if Sydney is playing with it.
I think Akiva's favorite pass time is eating. He loves to eat and he eats well. My dad says he would eat the table if we would let him. He drinks from a regular cup, uses a spoon and a fork with ease and has stopped throwing his plate on the floor. He has actually been using utensils and drinking from a cup for almost two months now. He needs to be just like the big girls. I have recently started to give him snacks in a snack bag, he dumps them occasionally. I am ready for him to eat without dumping.
His gross motor skills are great as well. He can climb the stairs with ease and started going down the stairs without assistance about a month ago. He has been trying to buckle himself into the car seat. He is great at putting objects into things. I am going to get him started on some simple shape sorting activities/puzzles as soon as I can. Unfortunately his sisters have lost all of the pieces to the shape sorting puzzles we have. That is what happens when you are the fourth kid!
Akiva is constantly vocalizing and singing. He started saying "dude" yesterday. Can you tell who taught him that? Matt has all the kids saying dude and it is driving me crazy! I am focusing on "mommy", he'll say it eventually. He sings all the time. The girls learned a song for Passover and the chorus goes "ooh ah, ooh ooh ah" and he is constantly doing it and the girls sing the words for him. Sydney was the same way, singing before she could talk. I know that once he starts talking the screaming will decrease, I can not wait for that!
Akiva loves to dance, clap his hands, and point at things he finds exciting. His piercing blue eyes cause strangers to stop and talk to him, which he eats up. He has a wonderful personality that draws you in. He is just a great great baby who is not much of a baby any more.

No comments: