Thursday, July 9, 2009

Monsters!!!!

About a month ago Jordan had a major "freak out". She decided that there was a monster in her room that was eating her feet. She decided that she was not sleeping in her bed. She decided that she was not staying in her room. She screamed and screamed and screamed some more when I tried to leave her room. I stayed and comforted her as long as I could but I decided that she needed to scream it out and that is exactly what she did. She screamed and cried until she fell asleep and because I was concerned about her I checked on her about forty five minutes after she fell asleep and the second I looked into her crib she started to scream and shake. My poor baby was drenched and shaking from fear. The second I picked her up she started to scream about the monster who was going to eat her feet and did not stop until I deposited her on her sisters bed.
For the next several weeks Jordan had a major meltdown every time I suggested she sleep in her room. Nap time was tough but she really pulled it together and stayed in her room with the help of a big stinky dog who would sleep next her crib each and every day. It was about this time that Jordan decided that she needed to sleep in a pink pillow case, and the pillow case needs to be pink and she can tell when you switch it out for the other pink pillow case. Now Jordan needs to sleep with her "Doggo", her pink Pigelet blank and her coveted pink pillow case.

Once we let the little monkey out of the crib there was really no turning back. She is now sleeping in the same room with the "big girls", which is not without its pitfalls. Jordan and Sydney play when they should be sleeping which leads to crying, lots and lots of crying. Although, its usually Lior who is crying because when the girls get separated Lior has to sleep by herself which she does not like. Having all the girls in the same room is nice because it lends itself to great pictures like this one;


We moved a toddler bed into the girls room so Jordan could have her own space in the room.

Now when they are playing instead of sleeping I can separate them and still have Jordan in the same room, which means she can come down in the morning by herself and does not stand in her crib and yell to be picked up. She is such a big girl!

No comments: