Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vacation; day two

I should have said that this vacation was rather spur of the moment and was not an overly planned vacation. We decided to head over to the West Coast after Lisa contacted us about their trip to Sanibel. Much to my delight Matt wanted to meet them and I quickly found a place to stay before he could change his mind. We had originally planned on leaving Friday morning, early but on Thursday at about five Matt called and asked if we could leave that night at about nine when he got home from work. "sure" I said as I glanced around the house and realized that NOTHING was ready to go. I was not even sure what we were going to have for dinner! Thank goodness my parents were over and graciously took us out for a very quick meal and I was able to pack up four kids in an hour without forgetting anything important! We were packed and ready by the time Matt got home from work.
The kids were so excited! As we were pulling out of the driveway I heard Sydney say "I can't wait to see vacation!" We drove and drove and drove and the kids slept until Matt pulled into a convenience store for beer and then all hell broke loose. The kids had a great nap and were excited because we were staying in a hotel and we were on vacation. they were up until two and Matt and I were defeated. They were very lucky they slept until nine because we needed it!They slept late after our very busy day with Scott and Lisa and were ready for a day at the beach, but not the "far beach", Sydney was not up for another hour and a half car ride to Sanibel!
The beach in Naples was very peaceful and much cooler than the water in Sanibel and the water was very refreshing. We spent the day playing in the sand.Carrying buckets of water, and drinking coffee.
Matt spent a ton of time in the Gulf trying to find some wild life.
They found tons of fish and Matt was so excited when the kids actually saw the fish this year. They found a Conch shell with an actual Conch inside. My super brave Sydney was an excellent model and loved holding the "living shell".We decided to put it back into the Gulf so we did not kill it.
Our next discovery was a Sand Dollar.


We put it in a bucket which Lior filled with sand and water.

I felt the need to put it back into the water ASAP, before we killed it.
Akiva, what did he do? He ate all day long!

No comments: