Saturday, February 7, 2009

January thirty-first

It all started back in December when we were in Disney World, the first time. Jordan saw a Minnie Mouse purse and really wanted it so I decided to use it as motivation towards potty training. We told her that when she peed and pooped in the potty all the time she could have her Minnie purse. Well our very smart three year olds wanted purses too so we needed to create a goal for them to work towards.
Since Sydney was obsessed with writing her name. I decided that when the girls wrote their names they would get there purses. Lior was the first to achieve this goal and I can not believe it. She has demonstrated absolutely no interest in writing her name yet when she mentioned that she wanted that purse and I reminded her all she had to do was write her name she said "Okay, I will" , walked inside picked up a marker and a piece of paper and wrote her name like she has been doing it for years "L- I- O- R can I have my purse now?". You know she has not written it since, I wonder what she is holding out for now?
I am going to go on notice by saying that bribing her to write her name goes against my better judgement because I really think kids write when they are developmentally ready to do it. I guess Lior was ready and just needed a little encouragement in the form of a sequined purse.

1 comment: