Sunday, February 1, 2009

Poor jordan

My poor poor Jordan, she has the worst diaper rash I have ever seen. I do not even think it is a rash I think they are actual burns caused by a very upset stomach. The poor thing would cry every time she pooped or peed "OOUUCHHH my butt hurts me!!!" It was so bad on Friday night that I actually made her bleed when I wiped her. That is when I decided that she was not going to wear a diaper any more.
Now Jordan is by no means ready to pee on the potty. She has peed on it before but the times were few and far between and she has not really shown any interest in it. We have no choice, which means Jordan has no choice. Her rear end needs a break and it needs air. After two days of limited diaper use (she only wears one for sleeping) her bottom looks better but not great. My plan is to keep her out of a diaper until Thursday when we have to leave the house.
So far we have cleaned up a lot of accidents but we had some major success yesterday when she peed once on the potty before bed. Everyone was in the bathroom when we heard the telltale sound. Jordan stood up and said she peed and sure enough there it was. The big girls were so excited for her. She got hugs and kisses and the pee-pee dance from her daddy. She was so excited she looked up at me and said "I wanna do it again".
If you ask me today went much better, if you ask Matt it was a disaster (she did poop five or six times today and I was out for two of them). He expects more, he expects her to pee on command. I expect accidents and thats what I got. I also got her to pee on the potty three times today. We are celebrating! We will continue her crash course in potty training until her butt gets better or Matt puts his fist through another window!

No comments: