Monday, April 6, 2009

Reading books


We read books every day. There are days when we do nothing but read books. I can not tell you how many times I have woken up in the morning to find a child standing next to my bed with a book requesting a story. We have a few stories that we read all the time and the Rattletrap Car is one of them. The kids love it and so do we. Matt reads it a few times a week at bedtime. In that book they use marshmallow fudge delight to stick things to the car and Razzelberry Snazzleberry Fizz to keep the car running. Can you guess what we made?
Lior and I made the fudge last weekend and we made the "fizz" on Wednesday after nap time. I did not have raspberries so I substituted grape juice. I can not trick my kids because as soon as I opened up the un-marked jar of grape juice Lior said "it smells like grape juice", "it looks like grape juice" and as soon as Sydney took a sip she said "and it tastes like grape juice too!". I have to get raspberry juice the next time we make it to see if they notice the difference.
The kids loved the fudge too.
Even Akiva got in on the action. He does not like to be left out!

No comments: