Sunday, April 5, 2009

Slaying dragons


I took the kids to the park last week to blow off some steam and of course I left the camera in the car. By the time I got the camera I had missed all the good photo opportunities. After eating everything I brought, they finally went and played. Sydney decided to climb the rock wall and once she got to the top she declared it her castle. The other girls joined her and all of the sudden they were fighting dragons and saving the Princess Jordan. I have a wonderful image in my head of Jordan running up to the "tower" and screaming and waving her arm "I kill, kill, kill you dragon." "Mommy, I killed the dragon!" and then running away.
I did take offense to the girls using the word kill. It's just not something we encourage them to say so we decided to say "slaying the dragon". I must give them credit because they really tried to change their vocabulary. While they were in the heat of play Lior would stop and ask "Mommy, what am I supposed to say?"
After a rough day slayin' the dragons the girls decided to take a little rest in the tunnel. Akiva thought it was great because he had spent at least ten minutes gathering all of his courage to climb into it. Once his sisters were parked directly in the middle climbing into the tube was a breeze. Getting through the tube was another story all together, every time he tried they covered him with hugs and kisses and had to start over.
All activity stopped when a new little girl showed up. Ella was her name and she was a princess also. Imagine the coincidence! She also enjoyed slaying dragons and needed rescuing.

No comments: