Monday, April 14, 2008

Akiva Jeremy


He has a name. It only took us two full days in the hospital to name our newest family member. I think we had the name the entire time we were batting names around but neither of us wanted to make the final decision. It is a good thing they encourage you to name your child prior to leaving the hospital or he would still be nameless.
Akiva is LOVED by his sisters. Jordan walks around and points to him "bruda, bruda hold, hold Keeva." She really loves her new baby and is constantly kissing him and rubbing his head.
Sydney is very helpful and is always trying to help me with the baby. She changes diapers and sits with me while I feed him. Since I have been home she runs into my bedroom when she wakes up and looks for "the new baby" and then covers him with kisses and tries to get him to come sit with her while she eats breakfast.
Lior loves being a big sister as well. She is easily motivated to do things she does not want to do if she knows that Akiva is the reward. She hugs and kisses him and thinks everything about him is "cute".
This poor baby has four mothers at least they all love him very much.
I think Matt is still in a complete state of shock and can not believe that this baby has a penis. We just did not think that we would ever have a boy and we are still completely blown away. I think having the bris on Thursday will help us come to terms with the fact that it is a boy, because we will not have a choice.
Akiva had his first doctors appointment today and he has to go back again on Wednesday. When we left the hospital the doctor was concerned because he lost ten ounces and she wanted to make sure that he started gaining weight once he was home so she had us come in today. When they weighed him he had lost two more ounces so we must go back to make sure he has started to gain weight. I am going to have to start being more insistent that he stay awake when he is nursing. Since we have been home from the doctors I have started to strip him down and make him miserable prior to feeding him so he will stay awake! Now all I have to do is stay awake while he is nursing tonight so I can keep him awake, both of us would rather be sleeping!

1 comment: