Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back to normal

Things are getting back to normal here. Yesterday was Julie's last day and Matt was so sorry to see her go, he loved having her here in the mornings, in the afternoon and in the evenings. I loved having her here also, having an extra set of hands was a tremendous help and the girls just adore her. I am glad that they will be spending the summer with her at camp.
Now that Julie is gone I am getting back into the swing of things and we are getting back on our schedule. Today was a school day and Matt had the girls dressed and ready by eight thirty, all by himself! I was very impressed with him this morning, I just know that by the end of the week I will have to start picking out the clothes or the girls will look like rag dolls every day. The first day back to school was interesting, Lior got bitten by one of her classmates. Matt was less than thrilled and had me call school to find out what the policy was about biting and what type of consequence the other child received. My husband has a wonderful way with words and after calling the other child several colorful names I managed to calm him down by reminding him that the kids are two and have limited language skills and biting happens, the trick is to make sure it does not happen again. Lior does not seem at all upset by it, she told me as if it was a normal occurrence "so and so bit me today" and then Sydney piped in "that was not nice, we do not bite, Lior cried."
How is that for an exciting day?
On another note, Akiva lost his belly button yesterday so I was able to give him a real bath tonight. This child needed a bath desperately, the girls are constantly touching him and rubbing his hair with their dirty little hands. He was one dirty kid! He is also one cute-cute kid! I am totally in love with this little boy, he is just delightful. I can just sit and stare at him for hours which I would do if I had the time, which I don't.

No comments: