Monday, April 7, 2008

Where have you been?

No the baby did not arrive early, it looks like it will arrive as scheduled on Thursday. Matt is thrilled that this little guy already follows directions and comes when its called! We have been so very busy with the auction at the girls school that I have had little time for anything else. The good news is that the auction is over and I had a very good time working on the event and to top it off the school raised a good amount of money!
The doctor offered to let me go another week because I told him I was feeling great. I declined his generous offer, not because I am not enjoying this pregnancy but because I thought Matt would have a heart attack. I think he wants to meet this baby and get his wife back into the swing of things. I hate to tell him it will take me about a month or longer to get back into the swing of things.
We have yet to come up with a name we can agree on and I have had no time to read the baby name book I borrowed so perhaps an extra week would be a blessing. I am looking forward to meeting this baby on Thursday and finally finding out the sex. Most people I talk to think that this baby is a boy and I would like to see if they are right! It would be much easier to name a boy because we have picked boys names for every pregnancy and never had the opportunity to use them. We can not wait until Thursday!
The girls are doing well, Jordan is talking up a storm and starting to combine two words, sometimes more! The other day Lior was getting out of the shower and I was trying to get her to put on her panties when Jordan walked over and tried to dress Lior saying "Your, panties- panties Your put on!" I was completely blown away. She is following directions and helping me as much as she can. She is getting completely frustrated by the slightest things and she has a very bad temper. She just wants to be able to do and say as much as the big girls. I am sure that in time she will be going toe to toe with them.
Lior is still fighting Matt every morning about every little thing. The good news is that Matt is letting a lot of her moodiness roll off his back and ignoring her temper tantrums which is not easy but makes the morning move along better. We have been letting the girls come into bed with me in the morning instead of straight to breakfast which has helped as well. They missed me in the morning and since there is very little chance that I can make it out of bed in a timely fashion letting them in for hugs and kisses seemed our best option. Lior has been chatting up a storm and has informed me that one of the teachers at the school has a pouch in her belly for her baby "just like a kangaroo Mommy!" When I asked her about my belly she informed me I had one too, for all the babies.
Sydney has been moody and overly sensitive the last week. Lior and Jordan have been both using her as a punching bag, which could be part of it. I think she senses that something is about to happen and has needed a lot of extra attention from her mother. I have been trying to spend extra time with her which has not been easy because I have been consumed with the auction. Today I even arranged for Matt to come home early to spend time with Lior and Jordan so I could take Sydney out alone. When I told her she said "I don wanna go wit you, I wanna ride my bike wit Daddy!" and she meant it! I invited Lior and she wanted to ride her scooter with Daddy. The girls let me down and I was forced to go shopping all by myself for an hour!
I think the girls are getting excited about the baby and have promised to come visit me in the hospital and bring me presents. When I ask them what they are bringing me Sydney tells me she is bringing me herself (a great present!) and Lior says "I don't know!" I have lots of presents for them while I am in the hospital because they obviously do not have enough junk at home!

No comments: