Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swimming day two

Two days down and three to go. Sydney is a fish. There are no other words to describe her, she sticks her head in the water and dives right in. Today she worked on kicking her feet straighter and getting a larger reach with her arms. She is fast! Tomorrow she is going to learn how to jump in and how to breath while she is swimming. I am going to practice breathing while she is swimming because I tend to hold my breath every time she goes under.
Lior did much better today. There was less panic and more control. She was definitely swimming. She needs to practice kicking her feet and keeping her mouth closed while she is under water.
Jordan is stubborn. She is still refusing to kick. "I don't want to kick", that is what I heard several times today. Because I am a Speech Pathologist I also noticed how clear her /k/ sound was when she said "kick", a first! She has always substituted that sound with the /t/, a common developmental error. Swimming is a cure all, if anyone else finds this out I will be out of a job. The instructor told me that as soon as Jordan starts to kick her feet while she is swimming she will be set. I hope she kicks those feet in the pool tomorrow. I know she knows how because she kicks us when she wants us to move, when we are changing her diaper, and when she does not want to be in her car seat.
My homework tonight is to get those girls kicking and charging the camera battery.

No comments: