Friday, November 21, 2008

Camping out

When you live in south Florida and the average temperature is one hundred in the shade, you learn to embrace the cold weather, the three days a year we have it! It is not really cold if you are from Maine or New York but when you are born and bread in Florida it is down right chilly.
It is so chilly in fact that my husband was inspired to take the girls camping tonight! He did not go far, they are sleeping in the backyard but they are camping out in a tent complete with sleeping bags and flashlights.
We started off the evening with our usual Friday night Shabbot dinner but instead of heading off to the bathtub after dinner we headed off to the backyard where we searched for firewood,started a fire and made s'mores. We even sang a few campfire songs!
After our very sticky campfire the girls came inside to get into their very cozy PJ's,
to brush their chocolate and marshmallow covered teeth, and to gather up some books for the night. There they sat reading book after book, hoping that the girls would calm down long enough to pass out cold. That is where I checked out because my Floridian husband is under the impression that it is far too cold for Akiva to sleep outside
and because I like my bed and my pillows I did not disagree. If truth be told it is probably warmer in the tent than in our bedroom so Matt must be very comfortable right now.
After about ten books, the troops came in for a potty break and Jordan came in for good. Our little Minnie likes her Minnie bed. I think she was having a hard time calming down, maybe next time and I think there will be a next time!
Meanwhile everyone is sound asleep and I am enjoying some peace and quite, until someone needs to come inside to pee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the cuuutest camping trip!

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun. I am glad Debbie sat with Jordan on the second night. I hope next time will be just as much fun. Maybe I will take them to a camp ground in the new year.