Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Potty update

Sydney is now sleeping without a diaper. This is big news in our house. She has been dry for about two months but we have been keeping her in diapers because, truth be told, we did not want to change wet sheets in the middle of the night. Sydney is really ready to sleep without a diaper and very pleased with herself when she wakes up dry every morning.
We have also been waiting for Lior to be ready but she is not. Lior wakes up dry a lot but not often enough. Matt and I would rather spend a quarter on a diaper (and throw it away) than change wet sheets in the middle of the night so it looks like she will stay in a diaper for now. I imagine that when she is ready she will do it and not a minute before.
Jordan is another story. I expected her to be toilet trained by now. A few months ago she was sitting on the potty and peeing but now she looks at it and runs the other way. She laughs at the idea of peeing and pooping on the potty. She knows that she is supposed to use the toilet, she tells us to change her diaper after she is poopy but REFUSES to use the toilet. I have not really been pushing the toileting issue with her and I do not plan too. I ask her to sit every once and awhile but do not expect her to comply with my wishes. I know that when she is ready she will use the toilet and not a minute before.
I can not imagine life with just one child in diapers! Imagine all the extra money we will have.

No comments: