Sunday, March 29, 2009

"It" factor

At the start of the winter session at the gym I asked the owner if Jordan would be able to join the girls in their class during the summer, six months before she should be able to. I think he thought I was nuts and gave me a song and dance about pushing her and her not being age appropriate for the class. Last week I signed the kids up for the summer session at the gym and brought it up again. He turned to me and said in the summer won't she be three months away from being three? I reminded him that she would be two and a half next month. He shook his head and said "I think she will be fine". He wants me to be more hands off, which I am since I have Akiva hanging off my chest to get her ready to be in a class without her mom.
She sits, runs and gallops through the entire warm up on the "big red mat" without prompting from me.
She participates in skills that blow my mind.Somehow she was supposed to go from sitting on the bar to this
and then wound up like this?

I may have missed a step but she thought it was great fun, even when she bumped her head (and he almost dropped her).
Apparently Jordan has the "it factor", at least that is what the instructor told me. She has great skill. Maybe it comes from her willingness to try new things, like walk across the beam backwards.
Or do a straddle roll from sitting, which she is close to mastering. I always knew Jordan was spectacular, its nice to hear that someone else thinks she is too.

No comments: