Thursday, November 29, 2007

Our first sick day

Sydney is still sick. She woke up with a fever so no school for her. I was really nervous about sending Lior to school without Sydney but I decided that just because Sydney was sick it was no reason to keep Lior at home. While Lior was eating breakfast Matt and I sat down and explained the situation to her. The conversation went something like this:
"Lior after breakfast you are going to get dressed and go to school."
"O'tay mommy"
"Sydney is sick so she is going to stay home with mommy and just big girl Lior is going to go to school"
"O'tay mommy. more yeyow raisins pease!!"
"Lior, Sydney is not going to school, just Lior."
Lior just munches raisins while Sydney says:
"Sydney stayin' home yor"
The rest of the morning was just as easy, Lior walked to school, walked into her room and never looked back. I walked in and gave her a kiss and reminded her she was a big girl. She walked away and had a great day. On the way back to the house Sydney was talking to Jordan telling her "I comin home wit you, Jordan". Needless to say Sydney was thrilled to spend the morning with me and Jordan and her mood only improved after she found out we were going to the Little Gym.
Her overall mood may have improved with the idea of going to the gym but I think it was the Motrin that made her feel better because as soon as it wore off she was an unhappy little girl. I hope she feels better in the morning and that the fever does not come back because I now have my daughters cold and would like to have an easy day tomorrow.
Both Matt and I are so proud of Lior and how great she did at school today by herself. Our girls have never really been away from each other. They were separated for five days when Lior was in the hospital but beyond a few trips to the doctor or to the store they have never spent time away from the other one. Lior went through the day at school without her partner in crime and did a fantastic job. She never complained or asked for Sydney. When she got home they were very affectionate and Lior did say she missed Sydney at school.

No comments: