Friday, November 30, 2007

Milking it

I think Matt is trying for saint hood. He is usually very nice and helpful but today he went above and beyond and let me sleep until nine forty five this morning, on a weekday! I can honestly say that I needed it and Matt is my hero. I usually don't get very sick if I can get sleep and so far the cold is just a runny nose and mild cough. Lets just hope Matt continues on his path to saint hood and lets me sleep late every day this weekend.
I think Sydney is feeling much better. Her cough seems to have improved and her mood is good as long as she is not tired. When she is tired, the slightest thing sets her off and it turns into a complete meltdown. She is learning how to milk this illness. When things don't go her way she says "I don feel goot", our hearts melt and she gets the attention she is looking for and moves on. She has discovered that she has my dad wrapped around her little finger (with some gentle coaching from me!). We were getting into the car today and she saw a wrapper for her favorite snack, dried strawberries and banana's, and asked for some. I told her that maybe we would have them as a snack later she said "No, I want to eat them in a restaurant wit Pappa". You can be sure that when my dad heard this story he was thrilled that she wanted to go out with him.
Later on in the mall the girls were waving at the train go around Santa's village when Sydney decided that she wanted to "go on dat". I explained that I had no money so we could not go on. Sydney reached into her pocket and said "I hab money" and she was right, she had eleven cents. I told her that we needed more money and that when Grandpa got home from vacation he would take her for a ride on the train. She really liked that idea and told me very enthusiastically that "Poppa takin me on choo-choo-train!!" Now she can't wait for him to leave and come home so he can take her on that train. Even Lior told Matt about Poppa and the train at dinner. Everyone can't wait for him to leave so he can hurry home and take them fora ride on a choo-choo-train.

No comments: