Monday, December 31, 2007

We made a mistake

We made a HUGE mistake tonight. The girls really wanted to go for a walk tonight after dinner and without thinking we said sure! We even gave them a small bag of marshmallows for the walk. We were outside for maybe three seconds when the girls heard a firecracker, Matt asked if they were OK, they said yes so he walked away. About thirty seconds later I walked over to find Sydney screaming and crying "I don't like fireworks, I don't like firecrackers, firecrackers scare me, firecrackers scare me!!!" Needless to say we turned around and went right back inside to watch a movie.
Every thirty seconds or so Sydney would remind me that she did not like firecrackers or fireworks and that they scare her. She even told Jordan how much fireworks bother her. When she saw Cinderella's castle on the television she turned around with panic in her eyes and said "I don't like fireworks Mommy!" It is unfortunate that our neighborhood LOVES to blow their weekly salary on fireworks on the fourth of July and on new years eve. Sydney was not happy and she was not afraid to tell us about it.
I hope that she is able to walk out the door tomorrow night for a walk to see the lights without feeling stress. Sorry Sydney we will not make the same mistake next year!

No comments: