Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ode to matt


I have been trying to come up with some kind of "top ten" list about Matt but there are just too many thing to put on a list and I am, unfortunately, not that witty. Matt is a tremendous help and a great father. The other night we were watching Wife Swap, why I don't know, and they had two extreme couples. The first couple that was introduced, the wife did everything and the kids were out of control and the other couple the husband did everything including blow drying his wife's hair every day and painting her toe nails! The house where the husband did all the work was completely spotless and the other looked a wreck- kind of like ours before the cleaning lady comes. The show got me thinking about everything that Matt does around the house and how he does it without a second thought.
Now don't get me wrong Matt is far from perfect but he is as close as I think he is going to get without exploding! I am always amazed by how Matt can work all day, come home and help with the girls, put them to sleep and then start the dishes or on bad days go back to work. Ultimately I think the girls are very lucky to have a dad who has his priorities in order. Matt wants to spend time with his family and makes the time to do things with them, even if it creates more work for him later.
Today Matt was able to join us at the gym and he was amazed by the progress the girls have made following directions. It was really amazing to watch them take the sticks and beat them like a drum, hammer it like a nail, make an X, a L, and a T. They were really listening and following directions without taking the sticks and beating each other in the head with them, they played with them appropriately. It is great that Matt is able to see these subtle changes in the girls and does not need them pointed out to him.
I am always telling my friends how great Matt is and how lucky I am that he is willing to be such a hands on dad. When the twins were Jordan's age I could leave Matt alone with the girls for a full day without any directions, he knew their schedule as well as I did. Today I would not think twice about leaving the girls with him for the day without direction because he knows what to do with them. I really don't think my friends are that fortunate.
Now all Matt has to do is pay me the dollar he owes me and I will keep everything that he does that annoys me to myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!
I always try my best. I like to think that I am not far from perfect. It is nice to hear that you agree.
I have to admit that I take all of my cues from you. I think that you are truly amazing!!!!! SUPER MOMMY is an understatement. Thank you for all the hard work in our little girls the greatest people on Earth. You are doing a fantastic job.
I love you!