Thursday, May 8, 2008

Four weeks

Four weeks. Akiva is four weeks old today and I can not believe that he is that "old" already. Time is just flying by and I am so sad because my baby will not be my baby much longer. I know how fast this time flies by and I want it to slow down. I see him becoming more and more alert every day. He spends more time awake staring at me and his very affectionate sisters. He is demonstrating more head control every day.
I do not even mind waking up with him every three hours. I know that he will start sleeping for longer stretches and we will not have that time together in the middle of the night. The girls are enjoying him also. Today Lior asked me if we could have another Akiva or a girl baby named Lucy. Sydney wants us to have two babies because I think she thinks I do not let her hold Akiva enough. They love him, they love hugging and kissing him, they love having him around and doing things for him. Sydney changed his diaper today without much assistance from me. She was so proud of herself, I wish she were a little older so she can take over the bulk of the diaper changes.
I am planning on enjoying every minute of this baby. Matt says that he smiles every time I kiss him so I spend a lot of time kissing him. I actually can not kiss him enough. Jordan kisses him just about as much as I do, unfortunately Akiva does not smile every time Jordan kisses him. There is an occasional smile but most of the time I see a grimace or a look of total surprise whenever she comes near. He is loved.
I hope the next four weeks do not go by as fast as the first four weeks. I need more time or another baby and if I have another baby there will be even less time to enjoy that one!

No comments: