Monday, May 26, 2008

Pool time


Matt set up the new pool yesterday. I should say he tried to set up the pool yesterday but since the ground is not level and he did not read the directions he will have to drain and set up the pool a third time. Last night when we got home from dinner Matt hooked the hose up to the hot water heater and gave the girls a mini bath outside. They loved it and asked for the hot water today while they were playing in the pool but since we live in Florida and it was in the eighties I said "no".
The girls do not seem to mind that the pool is not level and drooping on one side. It is bothering Matt and he has watched the instructional DVD and now has grand plans to drain the pool (again) and make it level. I am just watching money flow out of the pool every time Matt dumps a thousand gallons of water onto our lawn. If he yells at me one more time for leaving the water on while I brush my teeth I will remind him of the thousands of gallons of water he wasted trying to fill a kiddie pool!
The girls had a great time playing in their new pool today. They took the pots and pans from their play kitchen and made chicken soup for me using the flowers they found on the ground. Jordan attempted to climb into the pool without help and is surprisingly capable of climbing out of the pool without help. I give her a week before she is in and out of that pool with ease. Sydney and Lior can climb in and out without assistance but are not jumping in yet. I think once they realize they can soak me when they jump in they will be doing it all the time. Sydney stayed in the pool the longest because she was too busy singing "Happy Birthday " to me while she made me my cake...then she poured it on me. I can tell that we are going to have a great time with our pool this summer. Thanks Matt!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like it should be so easy to get this thing set up. I will try again and we WILL have fun or everyone is going to time out :)