Friday, May 30, 2008

Random thoughts


Akiva is seven weeks old and everyone in this house is completely in love with him. Lior loves to look at him and give him kisses. Sydney loves to help me change his diapers and cover him with a blanket. Jordan is still constantly kissing his head and demanding to hold him. He is starting to gain more head control and enjoys looking around. He smiles at me and coos when I talk to him which melts my heart and makes we want to eat him up! He is sleeping for longer stretches, he nurses at nine every night and sleeps through to about four, eats and goes back to sleep until about seven. Not bad, huh?
Sydney had her first real temper tantrum the other day when we were out for a walk with her bike. She has some temper and is relentless but I stood my ground and did not give in, even though I really wanted to and she was much better by the time we got home. It is odd to see her have a melt down because she tries so hard to be the very best listener and follow directions. Sydney has been having a hard time separating from me in the morning at school and complaining about a tummy ache on mornings that she has to go to school. I wish she did not get so stressed out about leaving me because I know she has a great time once she gets warmed up. Now she will have plenty of time with me and hopefully she will want to go to camp ever day this summer.
Lior is still giving us a run for our money. Right now she is the one who is giving us a hard time over everything we ask her to do. Earlier this week we had a battle and I am proud to say that I won! Lior was claiming that she could not get dressed because she could not do it. Lior has been able to dress herself for as long as I can remember so I demanded that she start dressing herself again. Now she is not willing to accept help and demanding to dress herself. I have created a monster! Lior has been very silly lately and we are using her silliness to our advantage, instead of feeding into her demands and whining we are joking around with her and it is working. Now instead of screaming and yelling at us she is laughing and smiling (most of the time).
Jordan is actually a monster. She is by far our toughest child. If you tell her no, she looks at you, laughs and does it anyway. She hits Sydney and Lior and runs away. She kicks us when we try and change her diaper or sit next to her on the couch. She sounds like a real monster doesn't she? She is also the sweetest child who walks up and kisses you for no good reason. She is combining more words together on a daily basis. Her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds and I am hoping that as her vocabulary increases her screaming will decrease. I can only hope because she is really a delightful child with the strongest of wills and a nasty temper! Jordan is blessed with both Matt and my tempers which is not necessarily a good thing. I have a flash point of anger and Matt tends to throw things (you should see his office door!)... we may be in for it!

No comments: