Thursday, May 15, 2008

Update

So much has been going on and I have not had the time to update the blog. My goal tonight is to provide a relatively complete update while I watch television and nurse the baby. I plan on being the queen of multi tasking!
Last Tuesday we had parent teacher conferences for Sydney and Lior. It was a very pleasant and positive conference. The girls seem to be on track socially, with their fine and gross motor skills, and academically. The teacher said that they were not able to state their last name (no wonder it is such a mouth full). We worked on it and now even Jordan is saying her last name. Both girls are getting along with the other kids but still manage to keep a close eye on each other. They say they are great friends and that just thrills us.

On Monday night the school hosted an evening just for the moms and the kids. It was great! The girls and I did a hand print picture, planted seeds (which are sprouting already!), and decorated cupcakes. We had a fantastic time and I think the girls liked having a little time with me alone. I think Matt missed us because he walked over to school and picked us up at school, I know Jordan missed me.

Matt had a bit of a cold and was pretty much out of commission yesterday but still managed to give the girls a bath and put them down to bed. He even got up and helped get them ready for school and made lunch. He is such a good dad. He is very busy at work which is great for us but means he gets to spend less time at home and less time with the kids.

I have been taking very small steps toward organizing our house. I am trying to throw things away on a regular basis. Because I believe everything I see and hear on TV I am getting rid of all our plastic dishes that have a "bad number" on them. I am walking from the mail box to the trash can and throwing away any and all junk mail. When I am looking for something and run across something that is expired or unwanted, I throw it away. Now I need to organize all the clothes and clean out the garage and I will like our house a lot better.

Akiva is doing very well and fitting into our happy family. He nurses like a champ and is starting to sleep for longer stretches. The other night he slept a solid five hours and I could not have been happier. I love that he naps at the same time as everyone else and I am getting a good nap in the afternoon because I really need it! I wish Matt could get a good nap in or a solid nights sleep, he could really use it.

We are getting ready for an exciting weekend. Not only is my dad's birthday but my brother Eric is coming for a visit as well. We should be completely exhausted by the time he leaves and grateful for our wonderful afternoon naps.

No comments: