Monday, February 18, 2008

Potty training

I have been really focusing on potty training the girls because they seem ready. I think Sydney is more ready than Lior because it is very rare for her to have an accident. Lior does not want to wear a diaper but does not seem like she can hold it the way Sydney can. Lior came running up to me today screaming that she wanted to use the potty while the pee was running down her leg. When I told her to stop and finish peeing in the potty she looked at me like I was nuts but tried to sit on the potty when she was done peeing on the floor. I will tell you she was very happy when I put a diaper on her for nap time.
Sydney had one accident today but that was my fault. I left her in baby jail while I took a five minute break and did not insist that she use the potty before I took my break. She and Jordan had a grand old time splashing in it until I came out and started yelling at them to stop stomping in the pee. I am just no fun and really hurt Jordan's feelings because she was just having such a good time!
I have learned an important lesson in potty training. You can never have too many pairs of "big kid pants" because we run out every day. Lior did go through several pairs today but I did four loads of laundry today and every load had panties in it. Sydney likes to change her panties every time Lior needs a new pair. I argue sometimes but for the most part I try and get Sydney to wear a discarded pair when she is not looking.

No comments: