Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's my turn

It is my turn to be sick. Aren't I lucky? I can not even blame Sydney because I just have a nasty head cold that has settled in my chest and I can not breathe. Sydney was never really congested and had a very bad fever. It has been way to long since Dan and his family were here so I can not even blame them!
I very rarely get sick, Matt is usually the parent that gets side lined by whatever illness the kids have. I think since my sleep was so disrupted when Sydney was sick I did not have a fighting chance against this latest round. Hopefully, it ends with me.
Matt was really wonderful and allowed me to sleep this weekend. It helps that the girls slept until almost eight thirty on Saturday after their Shabbot event at school. We all had such a nice time, the girls especially. This morning I did not get out of bed until almost ten and got to spend the better part of the day in bed resting. My parents volunteered to take the kids to look at animals at the wetlands so Matt and I could get stuff done around the house. Matt took complete advantage and finally fixed the garbage disposal and mowed most of the lawn. We were told that our girls were excellent on the walk and enjoyed seeing two really big alligators.
It does not surprise me that the girls were excellent on the walk. Yesterday when we were at the zoo the girls walked almost the entire time and never strayed, when I said stop, they stopped. They were even fantastic tonight at dinner. My parents took us out for Sushi and the kids sat throught the entire meal without issue. Lior told us she wanted to eat salad, edamame and soup with chopsticks, but not dumplings because they are too hot. The girls ate everything we ordered for them and more, Lior tasted raw salmon and Sydney tasted an eel roll. We are creating little gourmet's! Pretty soon we will not be able to afford to take them out to dinner!
If this cold sticks around and if I continue to feel lousy they will be eating a lot more take out because I have no energy to cook.

No comments: