Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sydney and the potty

Sydney is getting the hang of it. She was dry the whole day at school. She told the teachers every time she had to go and she went. She is so excited, when we called Matt after school she had a huge smile on her face when she told him "I peed on the potty at school Daddy!!" She even woke up from her nap dry, even though she was wearing a diaper. Not that I expect her to stay dry while she is sleeping. Now we just need to get the poopy in the potty all of the time. I am even going to try her out of the house without a diaper tomorrow.
On Wednesday we went to the store and bought two portable potties, one for the car and one for the diaper bag. When I put the cute little pink potty on the floor and asked the girls if they would use it both of them pulled thier pants down and were ready to rip off their diaper right in the aisle. I started laughing and told them to put their pants back on and put the potty in the cart. I took the pants around their ankles as a positive sign that they would use the potty.
Lior is also using the potty and seems more willing to use the public restrooms we encounter when we are out. She often resists wearing the "big girl" pants and cries for a diaper. She does not get the diaper when we are home and when I let her run around naked she does just fine.
I just read on-line how some kids become interested in using the potty as early as eighteen months. Maybe since Jordan does not realize she is fifteen months old she will be potty trained by the time "Yogurt" gets here!

No comments: