Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekends

I think I love weekends. I know I love weekends. I wish the weekends were longer. The girls love having Matt around during the day and if truth be told I do too. It is nice to have someone around to do the heavy lifting, change a few poopy diapers, and bring big kids to the potty. It is also nice because we were able to divide and concur during nap time and everyone took at least a two hour nap on Saturday, in the house.
On Sunday Matt let me sleep until ten. Doesn't that sound wonderful? Matt thought he was really wonderful when he let me sleep that late and did not hesitate to remind me just how wonderful he was. What he forgot was that Jordan woke up at four forty five and needed to cuddle her mommy to go back to sleep. She finally fell back to sleep a little before six but was very restless and kept waking herself up to check that I was still there. I could not sleep comfortably with Jordan laying on me for several reasons including very bad heartburn. At seven fifteen Matt rolled over and I asked him to take a wide awake Jordan so I could get some sleep. He said he would try and sat her on the bed and let her watch TV. The next thing I knew Jordan was crawling all over me saying "Mommy, Mommy" and pointing to the dog saying "Kaya, Kaya". Needless to say I was not going back to bed while she was awake and Matt was in no real hurry to wake up. When he did he put Jordan in the swing and went back to bed and she managed to fall back to sleep and thankfully I did too. I got a nice two hour nap to make up for the three hours I spent up with Jordan. Thank goodness she decided to wake up on a Saturday night and I was able to get a little extra sleep.
While I slept Matt made pancakes for the girls, managed to keep them out of diapers, and peeing on the potty. They love having him home to play with and it was extremely evident when I walked out of the bedroom and into baby jail because nobody was excited to see me. Nobody wanted to sit on my lap to read a book and nobody wanted to give me hugs and kisses. They were too busy lavishing all their attention on their daddy!

He is one funny guy, who loves to play with his little girls. Lior thought it was very funny to take put her head through the hole with her daddy.

Sydney was thrilled her daddy was around for climbing trees.

Jordan thinks he is useful for photo oportunities but does not think he moves fast enough to capture the moment.

No comments: