Thursday, August 21, 2008

Insurance

Matt and I have new health insurance this month and boy have we used it! Matt hates health insurance or I should say Matt hates how much it costs. When we were sitting with the agent discussing the amount of the family deductible Matt inquired about a very high deductible this year because it was a short year and we would not meet it anyway. That is when the agent told us a story about a guy like Matt who hated insurance and got a policy with a ten thousand dollar deductible because they would never need it. Well it turns out that his kid swallowed a quarter and it needed to be removed and that quarter wound up costing him ten thousand dollars. After hearing the story Matt looked at me and in all seriousness said "Do you want to gamble?" I remember looking at him and saying "Matt, one of our kids will swallow something or do something... they are related to you!" I am so glad we listened to me and Lior's dime will not be costing us ten thousand dollars! I was right again!

No comments: