Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The curse

Matt knew it was going to happen, that is why he would not let me read the book on vacation. He knew that once I picked the book up I would be sucked into the vacuum and he would have to parent our children on his own. He knew that I would say "I'll do it when I finish this chapter" and he knew I would lie and say that I had not started a new chapter an hour later. You see I am cursed with a finishing complex. I must finish a book when I start it, even if the book is really-really bad, I must finish it. When the book is really-really good it is even worse and the final book in the Harry Potter series is really-really good!
The girls were trying to get my attention while I was reading but it is hard to break the spell. Sydney sat in my lap and thumbed through the pages saying "Daddy book". Was she trying to tell me that daddy said I could not read the book or was she trying to get me to read The Daddy Book? She got off my lap and was trying to climb back on when she fell, hard, hard enough that I actually put the book down to pick her up and it was a very good thing because she threw-up all over me. We were both covered and I was grateful that she was OK and very relieved that she did not get the book. I would have had a really hard time reading the book if it smelled like rotten milk but I think I could have done it because I am cursed.
When I do finish this book I will blog about vacation and post all the wonderful pictures but right now the book is calling and Matt is finishing the first chapter, which means I can pick up the book again!

No comments: