Friday, July 6, 2007

Rainy day blues

I need to come up with a box of activities we can do when it rains especially when we have nap time in the car for 30 minutes. Instead of coming up with fun things to do on the fly... like today.
After watching about an hour of television the girls got restless and did some exploring while I was doing the laundry. They can not explore far because they are in "baby jail", so exploring usually involves climbing. Today was no exception. When I walked into baby jail I found them running around with a spoon and a very large spatula yelling "mix, I mix, I pour, I cook, me, me, me". I took the hint and ran to the computer to find a recipe for no cook play-dough.
I had the kids carry the various ingredients to the dining room table so they could mix, pour and dump the flour and the salt. Lior loved the entire process from the "cooking" to sticking her hands in the sticky wet dough. Sydney would touch the dough and pull her hand back and quickly wipe them on her shirt. She did not like it at all, it was only when I brought out the cookie cutters that Sydney started to enjoy the dough.



It was only after the play-dough fun that I discovered how they got their hands on the cooking utensils. They used Jordan's very-very wobbly exersaucer to climb up to the counter and grab whatever they could get their hands on. Note to self: remove EVERYTHING from the counter!

No comments: