Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Grandparents

My parents see the girls as much and as often as possible. When the girls hear the front door they usually scream "Hi Grandma". My parents have been traveling around Ireland for almost two weeks and I can safely say that they are missed.
Talking on the phone has been hard while they've been away. Every time I talk to a friend I have either Lior or Sydney grabbing the phone saying "Grandma? Gampa?" they are often disappointed when I have to tell them it is either Joy or Leanne. The other day Lior would not take no for an answer and actually argued with me saying "no, Grandma" every time I told her it wasn't her! Sydney has taken to calling them on her play phone. All you hear is "Grandma, Grandma, Gampa" while walking around baby jail with the phone perched between her shoulder and her ear as she has five minute conversations with them but when I ask her if she is talking to Grandma and Grandpa she says "NO, Reece".
I took the girls to Target earlier this week and anyone who looked remotely like my mom they screamed "Hi Grandma" or "Grandma, Grandma". Since we often meet my mom at Target they were not completely off base looking for her there. When we got home there was a message on the machine when we got home from my mom. Lior was thrilled to hear her voice, so we called her back. They got to speak to my dad first and everyone was happy. It was when Lior heard my moms voice on the phone that I realized how much she missed her. Her smile was huge and the child could not utter a word, she just smiled and laughed. Sydney did not want to talk, I think she is holding a grudge.
We usually eat dinner with my parents on Wednesday nights after we have our play date and when we got home today Lior asked for "Grandma and Gampa too". They can not wait for them to come home on Saturday and Matt and I can not wait to see the girls happy little faces when they walk in the door (and then smile as we walk out the door).

No comments: