Monday, July 9, 2007

One of the things I'm not ready for...

I always say there are things that I am not ready for. I am not ready for Jordan to crawl and feed herself but she is doing it. I was not ready for the girls to walk at ten months but they did. I am not ready for the girls to sleep in toddler beds and that will be happening soon enough. I am not really ready for the girls to be potty trained but it appears that they are.
They both strip off their clothes and diapers any chance they get. Nap time has been tons of fun because once again their diapers come off. I hear Lior say "mommy wet", "mommy poop", and "potty potty". I guess I don't need a brick to fall on my head. It is time to bite the bullet and start training and really mean it.
I am going to really concentrate on Lior first. She likes to sit on the potty but only because she likes to wash her hands when she is done (like father, like daughter). Sydney likes the idea of the potty because she knows she will get out of baby jail but once we get to the toilet her eyes get huge and she runs away screaming "noooo!!".
I have decided to start small and start reading about it every chance we get. We went to the book store today to buy some potty books. The girls were very excited and could not wait to show daddy the books we picked out. When we met Matt and our friend James for dinner Lior could not wait to show them the "potty book." We read them tonight before bed and the girls really listened to the stories. Sydney looked a little nervous and Lior took off her diaper and did not want to put it back on until I re-read the part about wearing the diaper to sleep at night.
I feel the way Sydney looked tonight, not really sure about what we are about to do but curious about what will happen next.

No comments: