Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Uhh Ohh...

Life as we know it is over. The girls have discovered how to climb out of their cribs. Today during nap time I heard a lot of the usual giggling, laughing and screaming and then I heard what sounded like bowling balls rumbling over my head. Noise that needed to be checked out. When I got upstairs I found Sydney standing next to Lior's crib handing her a toy. I decided not to scream my head off and chose to tell her calmly that she needed to stay in her crib. Scooping her up I discovered she had a poopy diaper. As I changed her diaper, on the changing table in the hall, I heard a little rustling and footsteps and Lior comes out of their room and says "I out" with the biggest proudest smile on her face. I changed both girls and put them into their cribs reminding them to stay in their beds.


Well, Lior listened and stayed in her bed but I do not think she stayed in because she was being a good listener. I think she stayed in because she got her leg caught in the slats of the crib.




Sydney decided to master the climbing skill all the while holding a teddy bear. She climbed out of her crib and into Lior's about half a dozen times.


After my first trip upstairs I called Matt and told him the unfortunate news. He was not surprised after all he had warned me it was coming weeks ago. He had the nerve to suggest we just make the jump into toddler beds. They are not two yet. I wanted them to stay in their cribs until they were at least three or potty trained. Why are they in such a hurry to grow up?


After my second trip upstairs I ran down to the computer and searched for crib tents. The last time we tried them they were a complete bust and returned to the store the next day. I am in a state of complete panic. How will we get them to sleep at night? What about nap time? I love nap time, sometimes knowing that nap time is just around the corner gets me through the morning. It is my time to nurse Jordan in peace, surf the Internet and catch up on some much needed sleep.

Yesterday they slept in their cribs from about 1:30 to 4:00, we all needed the rest. If I knew it was going to be the last nap time where I could rest comfortably knowing they were safe and snug in their cribs perhaps I would have left them in their cribs just a little bit longer.

No comments: