Monday, March 24, 2008

Another monday update

I had another check-up today. Everything is the same, there have been no changes. The baby is comfortable and in absolutely no hurry to come out and meet its siblings. I do not blame it because they are a very noisy bunch. Matt is also in no hurry because he wants the baby to stick to the plan and come out when it is scheduled. We still have not picked out a name so the extra time might be a good thing.

Lior takes after my brother Danny when it comes to going to the bathroom. It is the highlight of her day when she can go poop on the potty, just like Danny. There are times when she tells me that she is going to need a book and other times when she tells us that she does not need one because it is not going to take that long. The other day she was sitting on the potty and she looked in and said "Aww, I wanted it to be a big one!" For those of you who know my brother Danny, you know that he is a man who loves going to the bathroom and talking about it- just like his niece. Lior, I am sorry.

Sydney has been a little out of sorts lately. She is just very clingy and whiney and not like herself. This could be because of all the new talk about the new baby and the influx of "new baby" items into the house, her disrupted sleep and Jordan's newly found love of all things big girl. I think it is a combination of all of the above. Jordan wants whatever Sydney has or wants and it is starting to get on Sydney's nerves, especially when Jordan walks over and smacks Sydney across the head with whatever toy she has just stolen. Sydney is very excited about the new baby and can not wait to meet it. She tells me that the new baby is going to sleep in her big girl bed and that she is going to change its diapers and cuddle it to sleep. Whenever I show her something for the new baby she reminds me that it is for her new baby too.

Jordan is a tough cookie and getting tougher by the day. She has a very bad temper and is getting very frustrated when she plays with the big girls. She thinks she can do whatever the big girls do and when it does not work out for her she screams and hits them which makes them scream and cry. For the most part they do not hit her back but there are several tug-o-wars a day over a toy. Jordan has discovered that if she hits the girls she will get a reaction and now will walk over to them hit them and then lean in for a kiss. The kiss makes it all better! I am trying to get her to kiss them for attention instead of hit, for the most part it is working and we are getting far more kisses than hits.

Matt admitted I was right the other day. This was a red letter day for me because it takes a lot for him to admit when he is wrong. He admitted I was right about Lior and the potty training, she was ready and just resistant to change. I feel redeemed, thanks Matt! We still have not done a thing that needs to be done around the house but we have spent quality time together. I think this weekend I would prefer he change a few light bulbs and mow the lawn before I loose one of the kids because the grass is so high.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never admitted to being wrong.
I am always right!