Sunday, March 2, 2008

Job description

Apparently Matt and I have job descriptions. I was not aware of this fact until today when I asked Matt to take Sydney to the bathroom mid poop. He was less than thrilled with the idea and said it was not part of his "job description". This got me wondering what was part of his job description. I know that my description includes laundry, cooking, diapering, grocery shopping, doctors appointments, brushing hair, enforcing rules, breaking up fights, making sure the kids get out of the house, potty training and countless other little things that make this house run. Matt does a lot for the kids. He does breakfast every day, bath time (with help from me), bedtime when he is home and cleans up after dinner. I am sure he does more than that but it is not officially listed in his job description so I can not list them here. I know that potty training is NOT listed because Matt has been more resistant to the concept than Lior has.
The one thing that IS listed in his job description is making enough pancakes for his children to last the week. There are times when pancakes are a better treat for peeing on the potty than M&M's, they are few and far between but it has happened. This morning he decided to get fancy and create an apple pancake to put all other pancakes to shame.

Everyone knows that making pancakes is far more important to have listed on your job description than potty training twins.

No comments: