Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Potty training update

The girls have really been doing a fantastic job using the potty every time they need to go. Lior went to school on Tuesday in big girl pants and had one accident at the end of the day and Sydney did not have an accident at all! We were very impressed with the level of their success.
Because Lior is doing so well it is hard to believe that she is still very resistant to the process. This morning Matt accused me of pushing Lior into potty training when she is not ready. I really thought about what he said and decided he was wrong. Lior is resistant to change, she always has been. She likes to know what we are doing from day to day and she likes her routine, always has. There was a time when Matt fed the girls the same thing for breakfast every day and when he tried to change it because we ran out or had something special for them Lior would flip out. I think that is what is happening now. She does not want to take her diaper off in the morning for big girl pants and begs for a diaper. She would rather walk around naked than put on panties. Once I get her on the potty she screams and cries until she goes and then her attitude changes and she refuses to wear a diaper. This morning when she was refusing to pee on the potty I offered a diaper and she refused.
Could it be that she does not know what she wants? Maybe. Could it be that she is two and a half and needs to argue with me? Maybe. I really like having the girls in big kid pants and I think they like being in them. We make it through entire days out and about town without any accidents so I am sticking with it even though Matt thinks I am pushing. I have to remind myself that he is resistant to change also and that it may take time for Lior and her daddy to get with the routine.

No comments: