Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hamentashen

On Thursday the girls baked Hamentashen at school and Lior loved every minute of it. When we got home from school she asked if she could bake some Hamentashen with me. Of course, I said yes because I am a sucker and I love to bake with the kids. Sydney was not as excited about the prospect of baking but liked the idea of eating the cookies. I promised we would bake over the weekend and that is just what we did.
We took the kids to the playground on Saturday morning and the kids had a great time going down the slide. Jordan continues to try and climb down the slide the same way she climbs up the slide. She just thinks it is a riot to watch us run towards the slide in a mad dash to stop her from falling face first into the mulch.
The big girls practiced their gymnastic skills.


Once again we brought the bikes and the girls rode around the park. Sydney has really taken to the tricycle and just lives riding. Lior has a harder time riding the tricycle and seems to give up when it is too hard for her. She seems to prefer when we are able to push her and she can take a ride. Matt is going to have to take her out by herself on the "good tricycle" so she can have more of an opportunity to ride the bike.
After the trip to the park and a three hour nap for the girls and their very tired mother we took them to Publix to buy all the necessary ingredients for dinner and the Hamentashen.
We spent Sunday baking and playing in the backyard. We could not have asked for a more relaxing weekend! The Hamentashen came out very well if I do say so myself. The dough was hard to work with and very rich so the next time I bake them I will have to find a better dough recipe. I will definitely make the chocolate filling again because that was very good and not overly sweet. Lior has great taste because she picked chocolate filling. Sydney picked the apricot filling which was good but too sweet for me. She really likes fruit, even in her cookies!

No comments: