Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What was she thinking?

Jordan did something she never does last night, she woke up at eleven and could not go back to sleep. Matt went upstairs and tried to cuddle her back to sleep but she was not having it. He wound up bringing her downstairs so that I could try to cuddle her back to sleep. She was too busy climbing all over our bed and Kaya to go back to sleep. After she grabbed Matt's water bottle and tried to drink it I asked her if she wanted a milk sippy. The next thing I knew she was climbing off of our bed and running out into the darkness. When Matt got out of the shower I told him that Jordan was free in the house and he went out to look for her. He found her standing in front of the refrigerator holding a cup and a cover, waiting for her milk sippy.
It took about another hour of Jordan trying to kiss us every few minutes, calls for her Pluto doll or her Aurora for us to put her back in her crib and listen to her cry for the next hour.
The problem with having a house that creaks when you walk down the hall or a gate at the top of the stairs that makes a lot of noise when you hit it with your leg is that it wakes up other children who were once sleeping peacefully. Lior's little head picked up when Matt walked by with Jordan and was up for close to two hours. She only wanted her mommy and wanted no part of her daddy who offered to cuddle until she went back to sleep. She only wanted me and because I did not want to deal with three screaming children and a very cranky husband, I went upstairs and sat with her. She could not go back to sleep. "Mommy it is too hard to go to sleep." I stroked her hair, she fell asleep, I went downstairs and she woke up. I did this twice and gave up. I had Matt bring her downstairs to sleep in our bed and she was asleep within five minutes and did not wake up until the morning. Matt said he has bruises from sleeping next to her but she slept.
Jordan has always been a great sleeper and we had absolutely no idea what to do with her up and screaming. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times she has woken up and then we popped a bottle in her mouth, and stuck her in the swing and she went straight back to sleep. I hope she sleeps through the night tonight because tomorrow is a very busy day and I will not have the opportunity to nap.

No comments: