Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bees


The bee keeper came to school right before Rosh Hashanah. Since it was a day that the kids were not in school we all had the opportunity to go. The entire experience was great for me I learned a lot of "bee facts"that I did not know and much to my surprise the girls learned a lot. While we were sitting on the floor listening to the Bee Keepers talk, Sydney and Jordan were fighting over my lap. I was ready to leave because they would not stop fighting but I managed to distract them and we made it through the talk. Sydney and Lior were eager to tell Matt all about what they learned from the Bee Keeper. They told him how the bees made broccoli, cauliflower and chocolate. Much to my surprise Sydney remembered that the bees also made coffee and then Lior told us "Yeah you guys like that coffee". I should have told her we do not like coffee, we need it, we crave it, without it life would be a lot grumpier than it is now!
I'm not sure how much Jordan took away from the whole experience. She was very hesitant to put her ear to the hive but she did not want to stop looking at them "Dey are moving, da bugs are moving!" The girls had the opportunity to listen to the bees. I could not get over how loud it was when I put my ear to the hive, it gave me the creeps!

No comments: