Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Night one


It is time for some tough love for our son and it started last night. He needs to sleep through the night and Matt is just the man to make that happen. Akiva slept in his room last night for the first time. The only problem was that he woke up at one thirty in the morning looking for some attention. Since I am such a warm, loving and nurturing parent in the middle of the night I rolled over and turned off the monitor and went back to sleep. Matt yelled at me "Debbie! He is a baby" (something I must have said a thousand times before) and got up out of bed and tried to give him a bottle of water. When that did not work he Ferberized our youngest child. He went upstairs after five minutes of crying, ten minutes later he went again, and twenty minutes he went again and gave him a toy that had a tag. That tag wound up in Akiva's mouth and he fell asleep, waking up at six for some breakfast. I am sure that Akiva will cry again tonight and I am sure my wonderful husband will treck up and down the stairs hoping and praying that Akiva finds the tag on that stuffed toy!

No comments: