Monday, October 27, 2008

Ostrich

I think I am an ostrich. Aren't they the animals that put their heads in the sand? I could be one. I try not to look around my house so I can not see the clutter everywhere. I avoid looking at the bank balance for fear I might see how broke we are and when the kids are screaming I feel like putting my head under a pillow or my head in the sand like an ostrich.
Recently I came to the realization that there was absolutely no way we could afford to send Jordan to school this year. It is just too expensive. If we want to keep the girls in their extra activities, like the Little Gym, Jordan has to take one for the team and stay home with me. Poor Jordan, I hope she does not get tired of me!
I have been trying to find some kids her own age for her to have play dates with. Last week at the gym she made friends with a boy four months younger although he looked four months older than her. They were so cute holding hands as they jumped off mats and ran around. Jordan even kissed him goodbye! I think I will go put my head in the sand now!

No comments: