Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy birthday to me

I went to Publix recently and bought a bottle of wine. It must have been a school day because I only had Jordan and Akiva with me, as I was checking out with my almost two year old and infant son, the cashier asked me for my ID. Can you believe it? As he looked at my drivers license and handed it back he said "You look like a very young..." as his voiced trailed off and he looked at the floor very embarrassed. I quickly finished his sentence and said "Yes, I am a very young looking almost thirty eight year old".
I am no longer an almost thirty eight year old. I am now officially thirty eight. How did that happen? When did that happen? The good thing is that I did not celebrate this milestone event alone this year. I had the pleasure of celebrating with my sister-in-law Tanya, who shares my exact birth date with her twin sister.
I was so lucky this year, I got to celebrate my birthday two nights in a row. We went out to dinner with my parents on Wednesday night and had a quick get together Thursday night with everyone.

1 comment:

Ann S. said...

Happy birthday, Little Debbie!
Love,
Ann & Martha