Thursday, October 4, 2007

Dinner

On Tuesday the girls and I made chicken soup. I should say that I made the chicken soup and the girls named the vegetables I put into the pot. They actually did very well naming the veggies, I was surprised. They thought the parsnip was a carrot and the dill was broccoli but they were very close. They had a blast saying rutabaga and asked me at least ten times if I put chicken in there.
We had the chicken soup for dinner tonight with noodles and grilled cheese sandwiches. They hated the sandwiches because I burnt them, even Jordan threw it on the floor for the dogs. They loved the noodles, I do not know if they loved the soup. Maybe they did not love the soup because they took one look at Matt's chicken tender sandwich with barbecue sauce and thought it looked much more interesting than a lousy bowl of soup!
Since Sydney wakes up asking for dinner their reaction was less than thrilling, especially since I worked so hard on the soup. I can't say that I am disappointed, I was disappointed on Saturday night when we handed the girls home made pizza bagels for dinner and they both burst out crying. That was disappointing!

No comments: