Monday, October 22, 2007

Telephones and dogs


Today when we came home from a trip to the mall with my mom, I walked into baby jail and noticed the phone was off the hook. I thought nothing of it and hung up the phone, only to have it ring immediately. I was surprised to hear a 911 operator on the other end asking me if we needed any assistance. I told her all was well and apologized and told her my eleven month old daughter must have been playing with the phone. The woman continued to yell at me and tell me it was my responsibility to make sure that my children did not play with the phone. I apologized again and told her that my child was eleven months old and how she dialed 911 was beyond me. I don't know if this operator just didn't believe me or if she thought I was full of crap but she continued to yell at me. I had to tell her three times that we did not need the police, fire or any other service and finally had to hang up on her or she would still be lecturing me about my parental responsibilities.
Tonight after bedtime Lior and Jordan were playing in our bedroom while Matt and I were in the bathroom with Sydney. Lior comes into the bathroom coughing and wiping her tongue, a sure sign she has put something in her mouth that she does not like. Matt instantly runs over to her and bombards her with questions "What did you eat, did you eat something???... show me, show me". Of course Lior does not respond, instead she climbs onto our bed, coughs some more and throws up. Now we are really concerned that she really did eat something that made her sick. After cleaning her up, Matt asked her once more what she ate and got an unexpected answer. In a clear confident voice we hear Lior say "I ate the doggy bed". Both Matt and I understood immediately why she got sick, that bed of Cyrus' has seen cleaner days. After a good laugh we asked Lior if she would ever do that again, she just wrinkled her nose and walked away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As much as I love post with name on them I would really like to see some cute pictures of the girls.
Let's get a new post going. What are busy or something:)?