Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mom's have birthdays too


While I was brushing my teeth this morning I had a wonderful surprise. Sydney, Lior and Jordan came running into my room screaming "Happy Birthday Mommy!!!" over and over. It was such a great treat to hear how excited they were. The surprises did not stop there, Matt placed my birthday present on the front lawn, so I saw it as soon as I walked out this morning. He had iron statues made of our family. I tried to take a picture of them today but it was raining. They are wonderful, a great-great birthday present!
I had great plans for the days I walked the big girls to school. Mommy and Me with Jordan, grocery shopping with my mom and perhaps something fun in the afternoon after I picked up the big girls. I could not wait.
Needless to say my plans changed. While I was at Mommy and Me with Jordan Sydney threw up at school. It is a good thing My class is the classroom next to Sydney's and I was able to run next door as soon as they told me. She was just so sad. She would not let me put her down, thank goodness my mom had come to the temple to meet me because I would have been walking home carrying both Sydney and Jordan. As soon as we returned home Sydney threw up on me. Happy Birthday Mommy! She was so upset as I stripped off our clothes she was screaming for me to pick her up and she outright refused to take a shower and she would not let my mom hold her as I got dressed. Sydney spent the next two hours with her head on my chest either sleeping our crying. After her nap she felt much better with a few bouts of stomach pain and crankiness.
We had a very nice dinner with my parents and an ice cream cake with candles. Lior was very excited about the cake. After her bath we asked her if she had fun on mommies birthday and she said "Lior's birthday" and then went on about blowing out the candles. When I asked her what she wished for she said "cake". All of Liors dreams came true today, what more could a mom ask for? Sydney was feeling better, Jordan was as happy as ever and Lior had cake! What a great birthday!

No comments: