Saturday, October 6, 2007

Baby jail: CLOSED


I woke up this morning to Matt asking me to get out of bed because he needed help. I picked my tired cranky butt up out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I stepped in a puddle of water. When I called Matt in he said "it must have come from baby jail!" Somehow I did not react to that statement and paddled out to the dining room where my three girls were quietly eating breakfast. Matt was in baby jail sweeping out at least an inch of water. If this had not happened before I probably would have been more upset.
How did this happen you ask? Well apparently Matt decided to run water in a pot and did not remember that he did not turn the water off before he want upstairs to get the girls and play for thirty minutes. Notice that I did not say that Matt "forgot" to turn off the water because he specifically told me he did not forget, he just doesn't remember "not turning the water off". Now if you think that I am picking on Matt, I am not. He payed me his dollar so I will not pick on him. He simply does not remember.
I am not even worried about his memory because Matt is just over extended and scatter brained these days. His mind is on other things. Some things I know about and others I don't even want to know about!
The girls could not wait to get into baby jail today, because they were not allowed in. When Sydney was finally allowed in she said in a panicked voice "my toys, my toys, what Daddy do my toys?" Things did not really improve when they saw all of their toys and books sitting out on the patio to dry out. Later in the day the girls wanted there we toys back and we had to tell them the toys were in time out. Sydney and lior spent the next ten minutes or so counting out their toys, "dat one, dat two, tee, tour, you time out!!!" while their noses were pressed against the sliding glass door.

We decided to go out and have some fun since it was finally a nice sunny day. We drove by my parents to check on their house as we heard there was a tree laying in their driveway. When we arrived sure enough there was a beautiful yellow flowering tree laying across their driveway. Matt used his muscles and pulled it off the driveway and will have to go back another day with a chainsaw to take care of the tree.
We wound up at Lion Country Safari where we drove through the preserve and listened to the girls point out and name the animals they saw and listened to them plead to see more animals when there were none in view. They waved hello and goodbye to the deer, ostrich, lions, monkeys, zebra's, elephants and giraffe's and were thrilled when we got out of the car to see more animals. They had a great time until the heat overcame us and we had to go home.
After the morning we had who would have thought that we would have such a lovely day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ding fries are done!
Nice paper hat, Matt-- try to remember not to bob for fries!
DR