Monday, October 29, 2007

Ikea bound

On Saturday Matt left very early in the morning and drove to Orlando for a trade show, leaving me alone with our three girls. We spent the day with my mom and dad, celebrating my mom's birthday. Now I am not sure I would have wanted to spend my birthday shopping for furniture but that is what we did. We decided to go to the newly opened Ikea, one hundred and seven thousand square feet full of great looking furniture and about a million people. The store was so crowded that they had trolley's taking people to and from the overflow parking area about three miles away.
Since we found out we are expecting another baby in April I have been trying to figure out where it will sleep. Right now we are hoping that the new baby will sleep in the same room with Jordan. I am planning on transitioning the twins to big girl beds and using the matching cribs in Jordan's room. That leaves us needing two twin beds and mattresses for the big girls and that is the reason we decided to brave Ikea.
The girls LOVED playing in the kids bedrooms they had set up. Everything was their size and they loved the beds. Sydney crawled into a bed and refused to get out. She would close her eyes, turn her head away and say "I sleepin". Lior climbed into bed next to her and they both just layed there and enjoyed the big girl beds. I am glad that we braved the crowds at Ikea because the big girls had a great time and I think I might have found furniture for their room.


They completely wore themselves out and fell asleep before we left the store. I can not remember the last time they fell asleep in the stroller!

1 comment:

Ann S. said...

I love Ikea kids furniture! It is good to know that if your house gets too full the big girls can sleep at Ikea.

Great to see everyone back in good health.

XO